Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, today I head down for the long awaited wedding in Louisiana. I'm excited for several reasons...to see my big sis and sweet nephews, to enjoy the delicious food and city of New Orleans, but mainly to celebrate the marriage of these two cuties.


If you know this story, it makes this celebration much more beautiful. If you don't, the short version is that almost 5 years ago, to the day, my sister lost her husband at the early age of 33. She became a widow and single mother of 3 small boys at 32. Now, this sweet man, who has never been married before, is making my sister his bride, and becoming a second father to these three precious boys...who aren't so little anymore. I know I talked about God adding to the beauty of our lives here, but this kind of redemption, I just never grow tired of.

So, I'm leaving on a jet plane, and I'll be there in a matter of hours, to design and carry out my little part in this amazing story. We'll get our nails done, and we'll eat tons of fabulous food, we'll laugh a lot, and probably cry a little. But the joy overflowing will be why the tears come, and I can't wait to share all the juicy details. Stay tuned...

1 comment: