Monday, May 9, 2011

Still Celebrating

We had quite a successful weekend...yard sale went smashingly, and mother's day was even better. After having quite a grumpy pouty night, and whining about having to always clean up, my husband still wanted to surprise me Sunday morning. Imagine that.

While I thought he was at the Mac store getting our computer fixed, turns out he and my two kids were picking out these fun things for me from my favorite jewelry boutique.


The kids picked out my jewelry all by themselves! My sweet little boy picked out those earrings, and my artsy daughter picked out that fun ring. My hubs added a few more "well earned treats". All. my. favorites.

I love being so well known. My mom used to say, she really only wanted three things for presents: 1. chocolate. 2. jewelry. 3. lingerie. And you wonder why I am the way I am.

I miss her even more on days like yesterday. She would have loved my little ones so much, and would have always found a way to celebrate life with us. She was an amazing mother, and even though I can't celebrate with her on Mother's Day, I'm so thankful to have had her for the time I did.

Happy (late) Mother's Day to all you beautiful Mamas. Know how thankful we are for you! And even though our handwriting might look a little less messy, we'd still say pretty much the same things.

2 comments:

  1. You express your feelings/thoughts so beautifully melissa. Your mother would be very proud of you and the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! You deserve it! I'm so glad you had a happy mother's day! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete