Monday, June 21, 2010

Grand Opening and Hearts Beaming


This past weekend I helped some friends with the dedication and grand opening of their new shop, Chartreuse. Everything about this shop simply amazing. I am so excited for their sweet family, and all that they have been given.

After I got all the goodies set up, I had the honor of hearing the husband bless his wife in front of all their friends and family. He talked about how much she had continually sacrificed and given to their family. How for 30 years, she has laid down her life to serve and love them, and how happy he was to be able to support her in this grand venture. I watched his lovely wife beaming, and almost blushing, as he admonished her. I listened as her children prayed and thanked God for her. And all I could do was thank them for letting me be a part of their special night. It truly was a beautiful time of celebration.

This store is such a cool place. If you are in the area, I highly recommend stopping by. It's a cross between an art gallery and a really fun antique store, but at consignment prices. One of their big things is reusing material in artsy ways to create new things...people after my own heart!!

yummy cupcakes from Maxie B's


cucumber water...the most refreshing thing ever! perfect for these hot days!


just some fun things from the shop

Such a gift to be there this weekend. What gifts are you celebrating today? Go visit over at Em's, and enjoy all those simple gifts of the everyday.

5 comments:

  1. oh, I'm crying because I can picture it all! I'm so glad their shop is open - can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her children will rise up and call her blessed.
    What a testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks gorgeous:) what a fantastic picture of the encouragement family ought to be for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it was such an amazing and special time! What a wonderful family she has. How special that her husband spoke such loving words! Everything looks beautiful!

    Stopping by from Chatting at the Sky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, if only I were alot closer! That looks like a fun to spend a couple of hours with my girls.

    ReplyDelete