Tuesday, September 21, 2010

An Apple A Day...

One reason why I love being an event designer is because there is so much to celebrate in life. Even though sometimes, traditions can feel overwhelming and burdensome, there are lots of little things that you can do to celebrate every season.

One of our favorite things to do in the Fall is to go apple picking with friends and family! We pack a picnic lunch, and head out to our favorite local orchard. If you're not sure if you have one nearby, check here to see what farms are around you!

one of the reasons the kids love this orchard...tire swings!

in the orchard

enjoying the hayride!


If you're local Millstone Creek Orchard is a wonderful place to picnic, pick your own apples, purchase goodies from their little country store, and even go on a hayride.

It's always so much fun and a great way to start our season! Fall seems to be creeping in a little more every day around here. I bought my first bag of candy corn just yesterday, and can't wait to show you the burlap wreath I'm making later this week.

Be sure to go visit over at Emily's to see other simple celebrations of life.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love apple pickin'! You've got me itching to go now. I'll have to check our regular orchard and see what's ready. Happy Fall to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a sweet day to spend with family and especially, little ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was one of our favorite things to do in the Fall. Even though our girls are now in college, I might just go with my hubby just to get that fresh apple pie and get in the Fall spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apples are a big part of fall in my family. My grandma, mom, sister and I get together and make apple pies and applesauce. I look forward to it every year! The time together is SO special! Love your sweet photos from the orchard! :)

    ReplyDelete