Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Easy Key Lime Pie


If you're like me, you don't have time to do the whole made from scratch thing very often. But, I crave it all the time! So, for the last few Tuesdays of summer, I thought I would do a

"Toast to Summer"

series and post some of my favorite "quick and easy" recipes. I'm always looking for recipes that are delicious, but simple. And, you know me...I'm gonna go with dessert first!

This one is a delicious take on the traditional southern dessert, Key Lime Pie. It's delicious...and no one will know that it only took you 10 minutes!

Ingredients

  • 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate (not thawed)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 6-ounce graham cracker piecrust
  • Zest of 1 lime

Preparation

  • Place the condensed milk, limeade concentrate, and cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.

    Beat until fluffy and soft peaks form.

    Pour the filling into the piecrust and smooth the top.

    Refrigerate until chilled and loosely set, at least 4 hours (and up to overnight).

    Sprinkle the pie with the zest before serving.
  • (recipe from Real Simple reader, Dana Thorne, June 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment