Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ooh, La, La...Chartreuse!

Thursday, I treated myself and went to my favorite shop in town. Even though I was only there for 20 minutes, I felt completely renewed and inspired when I left.

Chartreuse is a fabulous mix between a flea market,
an antique store and an art gallery.


They have amazing furniture finds that are 100% repurposed...
and the great part is that they're listed at consignment prices.



The other day my daughter asked me why I liked old things so much.
I laughed and thought about it for a minute.


Then, I said, "Because they tell a story."


I really like things that have been somewhere, and have a story to tell.
Or things that could have been thrown out, but have been given a new life.

If you were a piece of furniture, what would you be? Would you be rustic and restored, or would you be bright shiny and new? What's your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment