Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wonder.



A few weeks ago, when I realized Christmas was on Sunday, I sighed, and thought how difficult Sunday mornings can sometimes be, with rushing out the door to get to church on time (or not so on time). I almost had decided to not go to the service, until my 7 year old said with enthusiasm...

"Mom, can we go to service all together today?"

I almost reluctantly reminded her that we had just been the night before, but she persisted. I'm so thankful she did.

As we hurried in, it felt different. Less chaos, more space in hearts and minds to worship.

We sat down in some available seats a few rows back, but my little girl quickly said to me in a pleading voice, "I can't see back here. Can we move up front?" So, to the front row we hustled.

As our children followed along with the carols, I thought how grateful I am that they desire to know Him. They long to know His love, and have a wonder that is unyielding.

Our pastor spoke of a message and a messenger that blesses my heart often, and as we pondered all that we are grateful for, I saw with new eyes the blessings from His hand.

Children with faith like gold and hearts to mold and shape, and please God, let me do it in grace. A beautiful marriage that continues to grow in love. A family who loves and cares for us. A church that loves all and speaks truth to faint hearts. A life with gratitude that I am so completely blessed to live. I couldn't let today slip away without giving praise to the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

For to us a child is born...to us a Son is given.


No comments:

Post a Comment