Monday, October 18, 2010

Dance, Dance, Dance!


When I was a little girl, all I wanted to do was dance. I would wake up, put on my dance clothes, complete with my lacy gloves, and turn up the Madonna and Michael Jackson, and dance, dance, dance. Now, don't hold my music choice against me...I was too young to know the difference. But, come on, how much more classic does it get than Beat It and Like a Virgin? (shhh, i know. it's a little painful to admit.) Needless to say, my parents enrolled me in classes, and that was it...I was hooked for life. I love it too much not to be.

For two more weeks, locals have an amazing gift. Greensboro Ballet is offering Ballet for a Buck! For only one dollar, you can learn about the history of dance, styles of ballet, interact with the dancers, and see beautiful performances. Did I mention it only costs $1. $1!! How can you say no to that?! If you're like me, your fall is full of lots of things, and sadly, I've already missed the first few Sundays. But no more. The next two weeks are going to be fabulous:

Sunday, October 24 – 3pm & 4:30pm

Ballet for a Buckaroo . . . how American culture has influenced the international art of Ballet.


Sunday, October 31 – 3pm & 4:30pm

Ballet Boo! A Halloween event for everyone to enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love dance. What a great way to learn about ballet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The performances are at the Greensboro Ballet Studios in the Greensboro Cultural Center at 200 N. Davie St., Suite 302.

    Come on down - good times AND a chance at each show to win Nutcracker tickets and Wizard of Oz tickets from CTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love Michael Jackson AND Madonna... most of my paintings last year were completed while listening to Billie Jean, Thriller and Beat it! (And yes-- like a virgin is still on my ipod!)

    ReplyDelete