Monday, October 11, 2010

Something to Celebrate



I've been mulling over something for a while now. I really love celebrating each season in different ways. If you know me, you know I have a lot of traditions. Sometimes my heart starts to feel almost short of breath, like there's not enough time to fit in all the celebrating. I think about all the ways that I want to enjoy the season, and also make sure that I get in all our traditions, and suddenly it's another "thing to do" instead of a time to enjoy.

One way that I've thought would be fun to simplify celebrating, is by doing one thing every day. Now, granted, this doesn't have to be a big thing. It could be setting out your seasonal veggies as a centerpiece, instead of hiding them away in the fridge. It could be making a new recipe that you've been wanting to try for the last 3 Thanksgivings, but then never gotten around to it when the big day comes. Or, maybe it's finally stopping at that pumpkin patch to take a picture of your cutie pies exploring the pumpkins. Even, adding a festive movie to your que, so that you can enjoy an old favorite like, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!" like you did as a kid when it was the TV special.

November is such a glorious month. It starts with All Saints Day on the 1st, and ends with a time of giving thanks for all we've been given. However, sometimes it seems as if we're so ready to get to Christmas, we almost skip right over this wonderful time of year. Rushing past it, and barely stopping to enjoy. In an effort to challenge myself (and maybe you) to truly celebrate all that we've been given, I'm going to attempt to post everyday about something I'm choosing to celebrate. It's also National Blog Posting Month, so I can't think of a better time to celebrate!

I would LOVE to have you join me. Be thinking of your favorite recipes, traditions, and ways to celebrate the season, and on November 1st we'll start the party. I'll post each day of November: tips for saving money, celebration secrets, my favorite traditions, and other fun tidbits. Then on each Monday in November, we can all share our stories together. Place this button in your sidebar or on Facebook, to let others know about this fun party coming up in just a few weeks. Can't wait to have "Something to Celebrate!"


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Is there a code for the button?

    I'm in love your header. How did you do that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to simply link in a random poem to share, the pleasure is all yours.
    check us out at http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/,
    our potluck is open Sunday 8pm to Wednesday, 8am.
    Hope to see you there!
    U Rock!

    ReplyDelete