Monday, October 11, 2010

Oven Roasted Chicken and Vegetables


Yummy, Easy, and One Dish! Need I say anything more? Well, yes, to give you the recipe of course! This dish always helps me to feel cozy and warm...not to mention gives me a few extra minutes to spend somewhere other than the kitchen! I love alternating which veggies I add, depending on the season. Sweet potatoes are especially yummy this time of year in this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 carrots sliced (or can use baby carrots)
2 potatoes diced
2 sweet potatoes diced
4 boneless chicken breasts

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Wash and cut vegetables.

3. Combine all ingredients into a large ziploc bag (or large bowl) and toss until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated. You can freeze at this point, and always save for later!


4. Place in pan and bake loosely covered for 30 minutes. Take out, baste chicken and veggies, and then, return to oven. Bake uncovered for 20 min.

Something hot and delicious...and EASY!?! Definitely something to celebrate on my table!


Linking up to Jen's Tasty Tuesday!

1 comment: