Monday, January 17, 2011

A Dress All Your Own



There are certain parts of my job that I love more than others. Wedding planning is so much fun, in every way, but just like any job, I have certain parts that are just total highlights: the first time I meet a couple, the story of how they fell in love, the giving away of the bride, the first kiss as husband and wife, the first dance, the way the bride looks when she sees the wedding she's dreamt of come to be, and so on and so forth. However, more than anything else, I love getting to know them in the midst of such a sacred time in their lives. The more that I know my client, the better I can give them exactly what they want. The more I know them, the more I can tell what they would pick, what they will love, and how they will think about a situation.


This past Saturday was one of those beautiful moments.


I was having an appointment with a bride, when she started to cry. She has so much on her plate, that she hasn't even been able to find her dress yet. She knew she would, but she just really wanted that step to be taken care of, before we proceeded down our checklist.


I looked at her, and said, "Come on. Let's go."

With a teary eyed glimmer of hope, she said, "Ok, let's go!"


We quick jumped in our cars and headed to a local bridal boutique that has exquisite gowns. Diva's has a reputation for being overpriced, but as soon as we said our low end budget, they got to work pulling gown after gown of exactly what we described. The ladies there know there stuff, and are great about finding exactly what you're looking for.


When she put on the second gown, I knew it was the one. And it astounded me, that I already knew her well enough to know that it was the one. She tried on several after that, but in the end, came back to that one. It was gorgeous, classy, sophisticated, and perfect for her...just like her wedding will be. I thanked the Lord, once again, for the gift of being a wedding planner.


If you're still on the hunt for yours, this is a great website for finding PreOwned Wedding Dresses. You can get that designer style, without paying that steep designer price. PLUS right now through the end of this month, PreOwned Wedding Dresses is doing a give away for a $2,000 gown! If you know a bride who is on the hunt, send her there first!


Another way to save on your dress, is to look in the "floor sample" section of bridal boutiques. Most stores will have their floor samples marked way down, and they will still look brand new.

Here's to finding a dress all your own...at the price you want to pay.

3 comments:

  1. Now I want to see a picture of the dress she chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't give that secret away!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so great! loving your job is just the best thing.

    ReplyDelete