Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Favorite Holiday Cookie


Ok, if you're allergic to nuts, you can stop reading. If not, these little tasty morsels are so easy to make, and definitely a Christmas classic in my book. From as early as I can remember, my mom made these at Christmastime. That was the only time of year she made them, but they were cookies that I looked forward all year! Needless to say, they've become a permanent fixture around here for the holidays, even though my thighs hate me for it come New Years!

Noel Nut Balls

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cup finely chopped pecans

Sift flour, sugar, and salt together (I don't always sift mine, just mix together). Work in butter and vanilla. Add 2 cups pecans, and mix well. Shaped into 1/2 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while warm.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, we make those! Call them Tea Balls. They come in third place after pound cake cookies and peanut butter kisses. Merry Christmas, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm...pound cake cookies sound divine. Merry Christmas, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too. Grew up with them. We call them pecan puffs. I have also heard them called snowballs. How come some cookies have so many names and others- like chocolate chip- have just one boring name?

    ReplyDelete