Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Lucky Day

I was driving home from a meeting this morning, and had just a few minutes to swing into Goodwill. You never know what you can find there. Sometimes, nothing...other times, just the thing you've been wanting!

I always justify going in, on the basis that "I'm just looking...for the kids." I lie like a dog...and trick myself into walking right in! But, today, I was so glad I did.

Since we just moved into a new house, I've got house on the brain. I was absolutely thrilled when I happened to see this lovely cake stand.



I was even more happy when I saw the price tag of $4.99. I can't wait to bake a Christmas cake. (Any great recipes that I should try?)

I also found a fun Southern Living at Home tray for only a couple bucks, and a great lamp shade for $3. I was so happy.

This was definitely a simple pleasure for my day! Have you ever found anything stunning for a steal?

7 comments:

  1. My mum bakes a super boiled fruitcake that is really moist and yummy. She also puts up a post for Dayle's Simple Pleasures Thursday so I will get her to send you the recipe, if you like. I know she won't mind doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a thrift store shopper too. I've found a few real treasures that way :-) Your cake stand is fabulous and perfect for your Christmas cake! blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing ....I must stop at the goodwill ...you got some greata deals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to visit YOUR Goodwill. I'm addicted to dropping by ours but I rarely if ever find a thing. If I do, it tends to be overpriced.

    I'm lovin' that cake plate. Since I'm a huge SLAH fan, I'm sure I would like the tray too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT THAT!!! :) This is right up my alley. Don't you love a good bargain?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find! I can just see a red checked ribbon running through the openings & a red velvet cake sitting on top. TOO Good! Joining you at Dayle's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Love the cakestand-- can't wait to see the events and tablescapes where you use it.

    ReplyDelete